Thursday 10 September 2009

Black and White Card

I made this card today for the Monday Challenge on the Fiskarettes blog which is black and white.
This is the first card I have made and posted since becoming part of the Design team. I love monochrome cards so I was really excited when I saw the latest Challenge.
To make the card, I covered the base in 2 different spotty papers which I cut to size with my Fiskars paper trimmer. I covered the join with a scalloped paper strip cut with the Fiskars threading water border punch, I then layered a strip of stripy ribbon over the paper strip.

To make the flower panel. I used my stamp press to stamp flowers and leaves onto patterned paper and then cut them out. I sewed stems with black thread onto a panel of white card and stuck on the flowers and leaves. The stamp press is so easy to use and makes sure the stamped image is perfect every time.
The panel was then set into a black panel. I used my pearls squeeze punch to cut into the corners of the black panel and embellished with stick on gems. The panel was mounted on to the card and I added a stamped sentiment.
Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Just been catching up with the Fiskars blog. Congrats on the DT spot, well deserved. Great monochrome card, love the stitched stems. :)x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x