Monday 28 September 2009

A recipe for Cupcakes...

I made this card this evening to take part in 2 blog Challenges. The Monday Challenge on the Fiskarettes website is Spots and Stripes (2 of my favourite patterns!) and I am also taking part in the first Challenge for the Cook up A Card - Recipe blog.
The September Recipe is to use:
  • 1 Flower
  • 2 Ribbons
  • 3 pieces of Chipboard



I used some of the stash I bought yesterday at Alexandra Palace for the card.
I cut a piece of orange card with my Fiskars paper trimmer and rounded one edge with corner shaper scissors. I then cut a rectangle of striped card which I matted on to blue to give a slim border.
I cut some circles with the Circle cutter and layered them up. The Cupcake stamp I got from Sugar and Spice crafts was stamped onto striped Paper Crate paper and spotty My Mind's eye paper and was paper pieced.
I added some blue ribbon to the striped rectangle and matted onto the orange card.
The topper was assembled with foam pads and I added a flower to the top of the cupcake.
I used Making memories chipboard letters to spell out 'cup' to the left of the card, I added some folded ribbon tab details to the 'U', set an eyelet with the Eyelet setter and tied ribbon through it.
I finally stamped the greeting and finished off with some stick on gems.
I like the summery feel of this card and it fits in well with the weather we have been having lately, let's hope it lasts!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card Jane,Thanks for playing along!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Love the cupcake and the lettering is gorgeous! I so wanted to go to Alexandra Palace this weekend but I just couldn't make it. Lucky you! Hopefully next year. Love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x