Tuesday 15 September 2009

A Special Couple Card - First Fiskarettes DT project

This is my First Design Team project for the Fiskarettes blog. I bought this paper recently and thought it would be ideal for a Wedding Card.

1. First cut a large card blank using my Fiskars paper trimmer. I made a large card which was 20cm square so cut one piece of card 20cm X 20cm and a larger piece, 23cm X 20cm. I scored and folded the larger piece 3cm in from the edge on the shorter edge of the card and stuck both pieces together covering the join with a piece of ribbon.

2. I layered pink, cream pearlescent card and the backing paper onto the front of the card. I cut the first piece the same size as the card front and trimmed the 2 other pieces so they were slightly smaller with my paper trimmer.

3. To make the topper, I stuck my Elzybells Wedding couple stamp onto my Easy stamp press and stamped the image onto white card. I use unmounted stamps for most of my crafting so the stamp press is ideal for me to get a perfect stamped image every time. When I have finished I just whip the stamp off and am ready to go again. I coloured the image with Promarkers and matted it onto some pink card to frame it nicely.

4. I took inspiration from the lace pattern on the Backing paper to make a punched border panel to set the stamped panel into. I used the 2-in-1 Corner & Border Punch - Vines to decorate the edge of a panel I had trimmed to size with my paper trimmer. The paper trimmer is great as it measured in inches and cm.

5. The vines border punch looked very complicated but after reading the instructions I realised it would be very easy to create a beautiful border. You simply set the tool in the corner of the paper and punch, there are then notches on the punch to make sure you get the paper in the right place for the rest of the border so you can’t go wrong.
The design of the border has perfect little photo corner slits so I popped my stamped panel into them.

6. Before sticking down my backing paper, I added a length of ribbon to the front of the card, tucking the raw edges under one of the layers. I secured it with a tiny piece of double sided tape on the front of the card to stop it from moving around. I then stuck the stamped and punched panel onto the front of the card with foam pads and tied a bow with more ribbon to the side of the topper.

7. I stamped my Sentiments using the Easy Stamp press on to some white card, cut them out and matted on to cream card before sticking them to the front of the card with foam pads.

7hd2bN52LbS931qM224C.jpg

8. I finished off the card with a paper flower and a pearl heart.

28w529ibt312QV24qRiy.jpg

I love the border punch so much and can’t wait to use it again on another project!

Why not pop on over to Fiskarettes and sign up to join in the fun, there are Challenges, Competitions and loads of inspiration. You can create your own profile and upload your projects to share with the rest of the Fiskarettes!

Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card for your first DT project jane, great job..:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i havent popped on before now to say I love this card its a great start to your new DT post xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x