Wednesday 14 October 2009

A bright and cheerful Sarah Kay card

I normally like my cards to be bright but this card has to be one of my most colourful so far. I normally stick to just a couple of patterned papers per card but since taking part in the Cook up a Card October Challenge in which you have to use 4 patterned papers, I have been doing a bit of experimenting.

All the papers used in this card are from the DCWV blossoms and butterflies stack. I used 3 different papers for the front and coloured this gorgeous image I received in a RAK from Claire with my Promarkers. I bought 5 of the new colours recently and the yellow I used for the hat is one of them. It is lush!
I used Sakura pens for the polka dots on the ribbon and trim detail on the top. The flowers are some of my new Primas and the metal flower in the centre was in a Let's Make cards pack. The sentiment is Elzybells.

I made the card base from some gorgeous rich Turquoise Paper Mill shop card so had to make inserts so you could write in it. I used 2 more patterned papers from the stack and another Elzybells sentiment stamped onto white card and cut with my lovely label Nesties (this are one of my Favourite Ally Pally purchases).
The card was for my friend Petra who runs the ATC swap with me. It was her birthday at the Weekend so I gave her the card Monday.
Hope you are having a good week!
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Hey There...

    Thanks for the interest in the new challenge blog (DT)...
    Good luck..
    Hugs Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane

    What a beautiful colourful card.

    Thanks for your interest in the Magical Crafts Challenges DT.

    Good Luck!!

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x