Wednesday 7 October 2009

Cook up a card October recipe Challenge card

I came across a new Challenge blog a few weeks ago. Susie sets a recipe Challenge on Cook up a card each month which you have to follow to make a card.
October's recipe was:

  • 2 Rectangles.
  • 1 Button.
  • 1 Ribbon &
  • 4 Pattern papers.


I used 3 different K+Co papers and the spotty paper is Basic Grey - for my 4 patterned papers.
The green ribbon is from my stash an I think I might have bought it in Cornwall.
I cut 2 rectangles with my scalloped rectangle nesties and embossed the kraft one with a Cuttlebug folder to give it some texture.
I then cut 4 Nestie scalloped circles from the patterned papers, distressed them and layered them into a flower held together by a button from my stash threaded with string.
I added a Thank you sentiment with stick on letters.
Why don't you come and join in with the Challenge, there is a little prize up for grabs and the recipes are really good fun.
Hope to see you there! The link is on my side bar.
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. This is a great challenge Jane, tfs. You did well with the 4 patterned papers, finding 4 that match isn't easy is it, I struggle finding 3! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the fake flower. :0)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job matching these papers Jane, super card, and the flower is fab.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x