Tuesday 6 October 2009

Fiakarettes Design Team project: An autumn Magnolia card

This is my 3rd Project as a Design Team member on the Fiskarettes website. As autumn is definitely in the air, I decided to make an autumnal card using my Leaves template for the shape cutting system.

To make the card:
1. Fold a piece of A4 card in half to make the card blank then cover with 2 coordinating My Mind's eye backing papers trimming to size with the Fiskars paper trimmer.
2. Cut a strip of orange backing paper and punch using the Fiskars scalloped paper punch and stick to bottom of card front. Weave a piece of narrow green ribbon through some lace and stick over scallop edged strip onto card.
3. Stamp image twice onto white card using the Fiskars stamp press and colour with Promarkers. Ink the edges of the image on the rectangle shape. Lay the Leaves shape template over the second coloured image and when happy with the positioning cut the image out. Ink the edges of the leaf shape with distress inks. Layer up both images using foam pads making sure the edges match up.

4. Stick the completed topper to the card with more foam pads.
5. Stamp the greeting onto a small rectangle, ink the edges and embellish with stick on gems.
6. Add a small green ribbon to the leaf stem and layer up a button tied with string onto a paper flower and add to top right hand of card.

This is the first time I used my Leaves shapecutting template and I loved how easy it was to cut such intricate shapes. I have lots more ideas on how to use the shapes for future projects. I can't believe I am already half way through my time on the Design Team already, I am really enjoying using the products, especially the Stamp press and paper trimmer, they make life so easy and allow you to be so precise when positioning stamps and trimming papers!
Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x