Saturday 6 February 2010

I'm back and I love The Greeting Farm!!

I have been out of bed for the whole day today and am feeling better, not quite 100% yet. I still feel very tired and a bit wobbly but I made it out of the house for 2 hours this afternoon and managed to drop off my Son at Football this morning so it is a marked improvement.
I made some cards today for the 1st time in ages. Some are DT projects but the one below was just for fun.

I made this card at the dinner table which is in our living room and when I finished I announced that I was so happy I had made this card as it had been in my head all week! Hubby replied that was probably why I had been feeling so ill as a card in your head was bound to hurt! Ha ha!
Anyway, I have to Thank Susie for this card, we swapped some images and I received a stack of The Greeting Farm images and I love all of them. This cute little munchkin really grabbed my attention when I was flipping through the pile and I instantly thought of these 2 backing papers that have been in my stash for yonks!. The little canvas flower was a bit of an afterthought as it just didn't look right with just the sentiment tag and the star. The string was rescued from a clothing tag when I bought some jeans ages ago.
I inked the edges of the paper layers and added some fake stitching (don't know why as I never do that, but it just seemed right...)
In other exciting news today, I received an award from Julia which I will pass on soon and my email was read out on the Funky hand show on Create and craft and they showed a photo of a card I made with the new CD. My Son was well chuffed and so was I!
I am off now to print some digi stamps and papers and to have a bit more of a play. I have missed Crafting so much this week! It's nice to be back :-)
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Love the card - the scarf/paisley paper is lovely - and so well done on your tv 'exposure'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear that you are feeling better! lovely card! love the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better Jane. Love your card. Everything works beautifully. We heard your e-mail read out too. Yours was the first wasn't it? How exciting! Lauren x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x