Sunday 28 February 2010

A Monster gift tag and gift box

My Best Friend Fiona looked after my cat Patch when we went to Somerset and really helped us out at short notice so I wanted to give her a special little something to say Thank You. Patch had been missing for over 10 weeks and we thought she had found a new home or that something nasty had happened to her but she came strolling back in one evening when my Husband and Son were walking back from Jack's Valentine's disco. She just walked straight in the door, up the stairs and went back to her usual spot on our bed as if she had never been away!
I bought Fiona a nice bottle of Rioja and some Caramacs. Fiona gives up Chocolate for Lent but does have the odd Caramac as a treat...


I made a tag for the wine from a label that some flowers I bought from John Lewis were attached to when I bought them. I covered both sides with some digital download paper from Two Peas. The kit is a freebie and can be found here. I love how bright these papers are and they printed out perfectly on my linen textured card. I added an image from Jane's Doodles which I coloured in with my Promarkers, did a bit of overstamping on the layers with Hero Arts stamps. The finishing touches were ribbon, buttons and a few gems.
I decided to make a little box for the Caramacs to match. I measured the Caramacs and then made a box with my Scoreboard to fit. I used scraps to decorate the top of the box along with a punched border, some ribbon, a paper flower, a button and more stamping.
I have printed off a few more kits to try and I am so pleased with the quality of the freebies from Two Peas so expect to see a few more cards from me made with them!
I hope you are having a good Weekend.
Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gesture, made absolutey fab by your craft work. Wow. And Caramac..didn't know you could still get them, cor that takes me right back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x