Saturday 6 March 2010

A busy day crafting and some ATCs...

I had a lot of unexpected crafting time today. We had our Saturday all planned out...my Hubby was taking a half day from work and I was taking my Son to play football and my Hubby would get to watch him and bring him home, then my Hubby and I were going to go to town while the kids played out and we would all go together to see Alice in Wonderland in 3d this evening.
None of the above happened. My youngest Son started to feel ill yesterday evening and was sick all through the night :-( He is a lot better this evening but is still running a temperature. He is desperate to get better quickly as he is due to go with my Hubby and eldest son to watch their team play in the FA cup quarter finals tomorrow afternoon.
Whilst I was looking after my poorly boy I caught up with a couple of my DT projects but I can't show you those yet. I also had a play with some of Jane's wonderful digi images to make some ATCs.

Paul is running a double swap this month over at the ATC swappers blog. The themes are colour themes. Red and black and Yellow and black. You can either make 4 or 8 ATCs. I missed the February swap as I was ill for most of February and struggled to keep up with everything so I thought I would make all 8.
For my Red and Black ATCs, I used Spike and coloured him in with Promarkers. The spotty background was made with my Hero Arts polka dot background stamp. The sentiment is by Paper Makeup which I purchased from Quixotic Paperie. The heart is a Nesties shape cut from Bobunny Double dot paper.
I added some glossy accents to Spike's eye to give it some dimension.
I was a bit predictable for the black and yellow and went for a bee image also from Jane's Doodles. I printed the image and then stamped an Elzybells sentiment below the image before cutting it out with my Nesties.
The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added Stickles to the wings. The felt flower was from John Lewis and I added a Kanban black gem to the centre.
I love working with Jane's images and it was good fun making the ATCs with them, I really enjoyed the colour themes too. If you fancy joining in with the swap, please check out Paul's blog for more details.
I hope you are having a good weekend. I have no plans for tomorrow so I am hoping to fit in some more crafting :-)
Jane
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x