Tuesday 30 March 2010

Stamped buttons and some VERY exciting news!!

My very talented Friend Petra made some fabric covered buttons a while ago using Graphics Fairy images which she had printed onto fabric and I have been wanting to try something similar for ages. I bought some cheap plastic buttons that can be covered and a cheap handkerchief and set to work.

I used Hero Arts stamps stamped with Stampin Up ink and added little gems. I stamped the sentiment first and then covered the button. I stuck the little flower and heart stamps onto my thumb to pick up the ink and stamp it on to the buttons. Using your thumb rather than a block allows you to curve the stamp around the edges of the button. I added a gem as a finishing touch.
I found out some very exciting news last night, I have made the DT on the Pollycraft blog!
I love Paula's images and I am so excited to have been chosen! I can't wait to get started working with her fabulous images :-)
Have a lovely Tuesday!
Jane
x

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this idea Jane. As you know, I do love a button. They look so effective don't they. I will definitely be trying out this idea.

    Many congratulations on your place on the Pollycraft DT. Paula is a very talented lady and I know you'll be an asset. Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    Congratulations on you DT position!!!
    I just found out myself that I'm chosen too!
    How awesome is that!
    I'm loving your blog!!!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jane! and welcome to the team!! looking forward to working with you!!

    those buttons are amazing!!! not sure my clumsy fingers could cope with anything that intricate!! they look brilliant!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Paula, she clever. Higher up in my estimation since she picked you for DT, you can do no wrong with her images, good for you, hope you enjoy it!
    The buttons are gorgeous. Really - too good to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jane on making the design team - and I love your buttons too!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those buttons looks amazing!!! Good job.

    Congratulations on the new position. How many DTs are you on now? You're gonna be busy!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane

    your work is stunning! congrats on making the pollycraft dt, me too I am looking forward to working with you :O)

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, what adorable buttons. Well done on making the DT for Pollycrafts - it is thoroughly deserved :) Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x