Monday 19 July 2010

Beautiful Blooms for the Squigglefly Challenge

It's Monday and time for a new Squigglefly Challenge! The theme this week is Beautiful Blooms and you can interpret the theme any way you like. I decided to use the super sweet Hula Girl image by Jackie Mathews who has a lovely flower in her hair and flowers around the top of her grass skirt.


I used a Sizzix XL die to cut my card base and covered it with Bobunny Double dot in a zingy green. I added a flower shape cut from DCWV citrus stack paper. I coloured and cut out the Hula girl and added her to the front of the card with foam pads. I then added flowers to the bottom of the card to look like a flower necklace before stamping my Hero Arts sentiment. I added a few coordinating gems as a finishing touch.
I hope you will be able to join us for this Challenge, I love seeing all your Squigglefly cards!
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. Wow Jane, absolutely love this card, the colours are fantastic and she is so sweet, also been catching up on all your creations, love the memory album you created and the little Santa with his fuzz is so cute!! And hardly recognised your desk this week, way too tidy me thinks he he!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane~

    She is simply adorable! I love how you used bright primary colors too! TFS!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shaped card and the bright colors! Really cool how you used the prima flowers as a border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute card Jane and I love the bright sunshine colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! Love shaped cards...and this one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x