Thursday 8 December 2011

12 days of Whimsy - Day 7 and Day 8 Projects

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are all well, I am so glad it is Friday!! I had a bussy evening yesterday catching up with the 12 days of Whimsy tutorials from Nancy at Sugar Lump Studios.
I was really excited yesterday to find out that my name had been drawn and I won a voucher to spend in the Paperwhimsy shop! I am really looking forward to spending it on a gorgeous download!
I really enjoyed making the project from day 7 as it gave me the opportunity to use some lace scraps which my friend Petra gave to me a few weeks ago, these were very precious scraps as they were left over from her Daughter's beautiful handmade wedding dress.

I used a Graphics Fairy image for my Frosted Snow Angels and added the gathered lace with my glue gun. The flowers are satin and have been in my stash for ages. I have been collecting vintagey bits and pieces for ages and have used so many of them for the 1st on the 12 days of Whimsy projects!
Here is a close up, you can see the Angel wings which were cut from glitter card with a Marianne Designs snowflake die. I added some of the hearts from the die cut to the Angel's dress. This gorgeous Angel will be going on my tree this year!
On day 8, Nancy showed us how to make some Frosty Victorian cones. I tea dyed some more felt for these and then added stitching around the edges and zig zag stitching on the circle.

After shaping the felt into a cone, I stitched organza ribbon and lace around the top of the cone and added vintage buttons on top. I tied a bow from some cream cotton ribbon and added it to the front of the cone and added a flower on top.

The image I used is from this website and I added feathers taken from cheap and naff Christmas decorations I picked up for 50p in the Supermarket this week and a bow at the bottom of the image before adding it to the back of the cone. As a finishing touch I added some glitter to the felt cone and a loop from organza to hang the cone on my tree. I filled the cone with shredded music paper and a flower cut from a Whiff of Joy die.
I am really looking forward to seeing what tomorrow's whimsical project will be!
Jane
x

1 comment:

  1. Georgeous Jane. You did a Fabulous job and that lace sure is precious. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x