Wednesday 6 June 2012

Pretty in Pink Pippi


Good Morning Everyone!It's my day to post on the Sugar Nellie blog today and I am sharing a card made using the adorable Pippi Longsocks stamp which is available here from Funkykits. I coloured her in with my Promarkers in shades of pink with touches of green to match the little Frog and to pick out the green in these beautiful strawberry patterned Crate Paper papers.


I created a simple layout using scraps of paper which were in my scraps basket layering them onto woodgrain paper and sewing around the edges with pink thread. I added some pink gingham bias binding to hide the join in the papers and added a doily behind Pippi which I also found in my scraps basket. The sentiment I used is from Melissa Frances.


Here is a close up of my coloured in image. She is so much fun to colour and I love the little frog, I have a phobia of frogs but can just about cope with cute stamped ones like this! I added lots of glitter to Pippi's wings to make them sparkle and I finished my card with a cluster of paper flowers and some stick on gems. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday! I am hoping for a quiet day today, we had a great day out in London yesterday celebrating the last day of the Jubilee but I am very tired now!
Jane
x

4 comments:

  1. Cute card, the papers are lovely and I love the fairy with attitude :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and layout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card looks cute and wonderful...
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card jane.stunning sweet image and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x