Sunday 21 October 2012

The Ribbon Girl DT - October Colour Challenge

Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a lovely weekend. It's time for a brand new Colour Challenge on the Ribbon Girls blog today and we have a gorgeous theme this month! We would like to see 'Autumnal Colours' on your Projects this month. I love Autumn, it is my favourite season and although I don't use them as often as I should, I love using browns and oranges when I craft. I have used some gorgeous My Mind's Eye papers on my card from the Lost and Found Two Sunshine pad. I layered the patterned papers onto a darker patterned paper from the pad and added sewing around the edges.


The gorgeous stamp I have used is 'Sweet Thinkin' Mae'. I coloured her with my Promarkers and paper pieced her dress with a paper from the pad. I couldn't resist adding some glitter glue to her shoes to make them sparkle. The sentiment is from a Paper Smooches set. I have used lots of lovely Ribbon girl goodies on my card. The ribbon is available here, I added some Hessian behind my flowers which include a carnation and a small sweetheart blossom. I also added a peach cherry blossom below the image. The tiny button threaded with chocolate button twine is from the peach button mix and I finished with some stick on pearls from the peaches and cream pack.


Here is a little close up of Mae in her paper pieced dress. I wish I could have clothes made from some of my patterned papers! I love her little shrug too. Make sure you pop over to the Ribbon Girl blog, the Design team have created some beautiful projects which are sure to inspire you, here is the inspiration photo which is also on the blog.




We have fabulous prizes as usual, a £10 voucher from the lovely ladies at LOTV to spend in their online store...


...and an orange mini ribbon kit from The Ribbon Girl! Such gorgeous colours!



Have a lovely Sunday!
Jane
x

5 comments:

  1. this is lovely, just love those colours and the image is such a cutie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw the colors are amazing ans just love the image. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jane...:o)

    Big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Jane - a beautiful colour combo! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Jane - love what you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to read them and it allows me to go and check out your blog too!

Jane
x